Oman Visa for UAE Residents: Snuggled on the southeastern edge of the Arabian Peninsula, the Sultanate of Oman attracts visitors with its timeless beauty, rich history, and a tapestry of landscapes that range from pristine beaches to rugged mountains and sprawling deserts.
For UAE residents, Oman is the most feasible and easily accessible tourist destination for a quick weekend getaway. Whether you’re a traveler seeking adventure or a business professional exploring new opportunities, Oman offers a plethora of things to do and see.
If you’re a UAE resident itching to dive into Oman’s stunning landscapes and culture, you’re in the right place. We’re about to spill the beans on how to snag an Oman visa for UAE residents.
Why Visit Oman?
Before we dive into the nitty-gritty of visas, let’s talk about why you should pack your bags and explore Oman. This country is a treasure trove of experiences.
From the rolling dunes of the Wahiba Sands to the rugged mountains of Jebel Akhdar, and the bustling souks of Muscat to the historic forts of Nizwa, Oman has something for everyone. Whether you’re a culture enthusiast, nature lover, or adventure seeker, Oman has you covered.
Now let’s jump to the details and see how to obtain an Oman Visa for UAE residents. We will discuss visa rules for both nationals and expats to help you take the most suitable route. Let’s get going!
You might also like to read: A Quick Guide to Buying SIM Cards in UAE 2023
Oman Visa for UAE Residents: Latest News and Updates
For those of you who aren’t aware, Saudi Arabia and Oman are set to launch a unified tourist visa to promote tourism in the region. Both countries have joined hands to introduce special flights, visa packages, and a diverse range of events to encourage travelers and visitors from around the globe and from the Middle East to visit the region.
The unified tourist visa will allow travelers to explore Oman and Saudi Arabia with ease and convenience. Travelers will be able to commute between the two territories without the hassle and participate in seasonal festivals and events.
Do UAE residents need a visa for Oman?
The requirements of an Oman Visa for UAE Residents differ depending on whether they are Emirati passport holders or expats. UAE nationals and citizens are allowed to enter Oman through any of the ports without the need for any visa and stay in the country for up to 14 days.
People with Emirati passports can travel to Oman visa-free either by road, land, or sea by presenting their valid passports on arrival. However, they would need to present a return ticket, hotel accommodation, and health insurance upon their arrival in Oman to be able to cross the border without a visa.
Expats and foreign nationals residing in the UAE have to obtain an e-visa for Oman beforehand. Visa can be arranged online or through a travel agent.
Can I get a Visa on Arrival in Oman?
Oman scrapped visa-on-arrival for UAE residents in the year 2019 and all expats and foreign nationals living in the UAE must arrange a visa before planning a trip to Oman.
How much is an Oman Visa for UAE Residents? Cost and Validity of Oman Visa for UAE Residents
UAE nationals can travel visa-free to Oman thus no visa costs are involved. However, the expats need to pay the visa application fee of 50 AED when applying for an entry visa to visit Oman.
In general, an Oman visa for UAE residents stays valid for up to 28 days. You must depart from the country before your visa expires to avoid fines and penalties.
Online Application Process for Oman Visa
Applying for an Oman tourist visa is pretty simple. You can apply through authorized travel agencies or use the online portal (https://evisa.rop.gov.om). Be sure to have your passport, a recent passport-size photo, and enough cash for the visa fee.
Here is a step-by-step method to apply for Oman e-visa
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official e-Visa website of the Royal Oman Police (https://evisa.rop.gov.om). Ensure you are using the official government website to prevent scams or fraudulent applications.
- Create an Account: You will usually need to create an account on the e-Visa portal. This may require providing your email address, creating a password, and verifying your email.
- Select the Visa Type: Choose the type of visa you need. For UAE residents and most tourists, this will likely be a “Tourist Visa.”
- Complete the Application Form: Fill out the online application form with your personal details, including your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport information, contact details, and the purpose of your visit. Make sure to provide accurate information.
- Upload Required Documents: You may be asked to upload digital copies of certain documents, such as a passport-sized photograph and a copy of your passport. Ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months from your planned entry date into Oman.
- Pay the Visa Fee: You’ll be required to pay the visa fee online using a credit card or other accepted payment methods. The fee can vary based on the type and duration of the visa you’re applying for.
- Review and Submit: Double-check all the information you’ve provided and ensure your documents are correctly uploaded. Once you’re satisfied, submit your application.
- Receive Confirmation: After submitting your application and payment, you’ll receive a confirmation email. This email typically includes an application reference number, so keep it for future reference.
- Visa Approval: The processing time for your visa application can vary but usually takes a few business days. You will be notified via email once your e-visa is approved. In some cases, you may need to provide additional information or documents.
- Download and Print: Upon approval, you can download and print your e-Visa. Make sure to carry a physical copy of your e-visa with you when traveling to Oman.
Also read: 10 Easy Money-Saving Travel Tips and Hacks