To make things much easier for students and senior citizens residing in the emirate, the RTA Dubai launched NOL Student Card Scheme in February 2022. Eligible residents can now get a 50% discount on the original fare and travel more for less on buses, Metro, and Tram. How good is that?
Everything about the NOL Student card
All students between the ages of 5 and 23 stand eligible for the NOL Student Card discount.
The applicant must be a full-time student at any of the private or government educational institutes in the UAE.
The card is valid for use on Dubai Metro, Tram, and RTA buses. It is valid for a period of one year and can be renewed upon expiry.
The student card costs AED 70 with AED 20 cashback as card balance.
To apply for a NOL student card, you will have to provide the below-mentioned documents at the time of application
- Photocopy of a valid emirates ID from both sides.
- Passport size latest photograph with a white background
- University card, school ID, or any other official paper that proves your identity as a student in UAE.
Where to buy NOL Student Card in Dubai”
The application process is quite simple and straightforward. Interested students can also apply for the card via their respective schools, colleges, and universities. Applications can also be submitted through Dubai Metro and Bus stations. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the card online via the RTA website.
Online Application Process
1. Log on to RTA
2. Click on the “Apply Now” tab
3. You will then be taken to the application form.
4. Click on “apply for new personal NOL card”.
5. Click “Next” and select the option of “regular” for the travel class.
6. Hover to the “category” tab and select “student”
7. The next step is to select a card type. It will be selected automatically for students as blue.
8. Now fill in the required personal details.
9. Upload the documents as required by the website (The image size must not exceed 2MB and must be in a JPEG format for successful submission of the application)
10. Last but not the least, make payment using either a credit or debit card.
11. After the submission of the application, you will receive an SMS on your given mobile number with a reference number to the application.
12. The online application is now complete and the customer will receive the reference number through SMS.
After the submission of the online application, all applicants will receive their cards within four working days. All shipments are made for free through a registered courier service.
You may also like
UAE Residents’ Offers in Dubai that You Shouldn’t Miss!
8 FREE Things to do on Your Birthday!
4 Ways to Save Money on Groceries in the UAE
6 Ways to Lower DEWA Bill And Save Money