Serbia is a truly magnificent country situated in the Balkans, renowned for its rich cultural and historical heritage as well as stunning natural landscapes. The people of Serbia are known for their warm and welcoming nature, making it an ideal destination for travelers. If you are a resident of the United Arab Emirates interested in visiting Serbia, you may be curious about the visa requirements and application process. Here is everything you need to know about Serbian visa requirements for UAE residents.
Do UAE Residents Need a Serbian Visa?
Fortunately, there is a bilateral agreement between Serbia and the UAE established in 2019. According to this agreement, UAE citizens can stay in Serbia for a maximum of 90 days within a 180-day period without the need for a visa. However, if you plan to exceed this period, it is important to obtain a visa to avoid any fines or penalties.
Those holding a valid Schengen visa can also visit Serbia for a maximum of 90 days within a 180-day period, as long as the Schengen visa is still valid. It is worth noting that if a UAE resident intends to stay in Serbia for more than 90 days, they must obtain a Serbian visa. Additionally, visa requirements may vary depending on the individual’s nationality, so it is advisable to check if a visa is needed for entry into Serbia.
Required Documents for Serbian Visa Applications by UAE Residents
To apply for a Serbian visa as a UAE resident, you will need the following documents:
- Valid passport with at least 90 days remaining before its expiration date.
- Recent passport-sized photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm) with a gray background, adhering to your true appearance.
- Proof of legal residence in the UAE, such as a residence permit or Emirates ID card.
- Evidence of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Serbia, such as bank statements, salary slips, or sponsorship letters.
- Valid travel insurance that includes coverage for medical expenses.
- Confirmed round-trip flight reservation or ticket.
- Confirmed hotel reservation or invitation letter from a host in Serbia.
Types of Serbian Visas for UAE Citizens
Serbia offers various types of visas to UAE residents, depending on the purpose of their visit. The most common types are as follows:
- Type C – Short Stay Visa: This visa is suitable for tourists, business travelers, family or friend visits, cultural or sporting events, medical treatment, or transit. The maximum stay allowed within a 180-day period is 90 days.
- Type D – Long Stay Visa: This visa is for individuals planning to stay in Serbia for more than 90 days, whether for work, education, research, family reunification, or humanitarian reasons. The maximum duration of stay with this visa is one year.
Application Process and Cost
The application process for a Serbian visa as a UAE resident involves the following steps:
- Fill out the online application form available on the official website.
- Print and sign the completed application form.
- Submit the application form and supporting documents in person to the Consular Section of the Embassy of the Republic of Serbia in Abu Dhabi.
- Schedule an appointment at least two days in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay the visa fee in cash at the time of application.
- Allow for the processing of your visa, which may take a few days to several weeks depending on visa type and nationality.
- Collect your passport and visa from the Consular Section of the Republic of Serbia’s Embassy in Abu Dhabi. Bring your receipt and original passport.
If someone else is collecting your passport and visa on your behalf, provide them with a signed authorization letter and a copy of your ID.
The visa fee varies based on the visa type, duration, and nationality. For more detailed information, you can visit the Embassy’s website. This is the process for UAE residents to apply for a Serbian visa when visiting the country.
Find out the list of free-visa countries for UAE residents.