Looking for an Air Miles credit card? If you are scratching your head out of curiosity to know more about the topic, be glad as there is a lot of exciting stuff coming your way.
The Public in the United Arab Emirates has been spoilt for choice in terms of access to a wide selection of credit cards. You can get your hands on one pretty easily given that you are employed and have a decent salary to pay the bills. People generally prefer cards with added benefits to make the most of their purchases and save on flights, dining, shopping, and leisure activities.
While some cards allow the holder to save up big on school fees, others allow customers to get discounts on flight tickets and access the VIP lounge and premium amenities. If you are a frequent flyer and looking for ways to save on your air tickets, Air miles credit cards can help you to avail of exclusive discounts and promotions when booking flights to and from UAE.
What are Air Miles Credit Cards?
A notable benefit that most of the best credit cards in UAE offer to their customers is Airmiles. A cardholder can earn miles every time they swipe their air miles credit cards at transaction machines across the country and internationally too. This applies to online shopping as well.
The earned air miles can be redeemed for discounts on flight tickets, retail stores, restaurants, and leisure spots. If you use your credit cards quite frequently, you can utilize these exclusive options to earn air miles and can even get free air tickets once in a while. How exciting is that? Want to read more? Let’s dive right in and find out some of the best air miles credit cards with exclusive benefits in UAE.
Best Air Miles Credit Cards in UAE
Now that you are familiar with the concept of air miles credit cards, you must be wondering what the best options available in the market are. To your surprise, there is a myriad of best credit cards in UAE that allow cardholders to earn air miles every time they spend money using their credit card.
To help you get sorted, here is a list of air miles credit cards that you may sign up for to enjoy cheaper flights and discounted shopping deals along with other exclusive benefits.
Citibank Emirates Ultima Card
Citibank Emirates Ultima Card is the first one to make it to our list of best air miles credit cards in UAE and there are good reasons for it. To enjoy the exclusive benefits that the card promises to offer, one must:
- Be a part of the Emirates Airlines’ Skywards Frequent Flyer Program.
- Have a minimum salary of AED 36,750 per month.
- Pay an AED 3,000 annual fee
- Eligible cardholders can enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Earn up to 2.5 Skywards miles for every US dollar spent using the card
- Earn up to 25,000 bonus miles for the first year after successful sign-up
- Earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles for card renewal next year.
- Automatic upgrade of the Skywards Account to Silver status
- Access to Emirates Business Class Lounge
- Complimentary golf sessions at popular golf clubs across the country
- Access to international concierge service
- Complimentary travel medical insurance
American Express Platinum Card
American Express Platinum Card can be another attractive option for earning air miles to save on flights. The card is designed for customers who fly frequently and want to cut the costs of their flight expenses. With this card, you can earn reward points and redeem them for air miles that can be used to avail of benefits across 12 different airlines. Emirates Airlines and Etihad Airways are prominent airlines on the list making this card an ideal option for those residing in UAE.
- You can earn up to 2 reward points for every dirham spent.
- Exchange your rewards for air miles with any of your preferred flyer programs and save on flight tickets
- Get up to 56 days of interest-free credit
- Spend AED 10,000 during the first 3 months to get an AED 700 discount on the annual fee
- Spend AED 40,000 annually and get exempted from paying the annual fee
Here is a quick read on some of the best credit cards in UAE to earn Emirates Skywards miles for cheaper flights to and from Dubai.
NBD Etihad Guest Signature Card
The next credit card that we have on our list of best air miles credit cards in UAE is NBD Etihad Guest Signature Card. For the residents of Abu Dhabi, this credit card can be a life changer. If you are a frequent flyer of Etihad Airways you can enjoy a bundle of benefits offered by a wide selection of NBD cards designed exclusively for the members of the Etihad Airways Frequent Flyer Program.
The Etihad Guest Credit Cards accommodate varying salary levels to facilitate maximum customers. The Signature Card in particular combines the best of value with lucrative benefits.
- Get an upgrade to the Silver Tier if you earn a minimum of AED 20,000 per month.
- Pay an annual fee of AED 1,500 to access Etihad’s business class lounges across the globe.
- Get exclusive vouchers to get up to 50% discount on two flights a year.
- Enjoy 10% off on Etihad Holidays purchases
- Get complimentary Wi-Fi vouchers and airport transfers at Abu Dhabi International Airport and Dubai International Airport
- Get discounts on movie tickets and access specified golf clubs across the country.
- Get 3.5 Etihad Guest Miles for every AED 10 spent across UAE.
- Earn 5 miles for every AED 10 spent on international transactions.
- Earn up to 7 miles for every AED 10 spent on online shopping
- Earn 2.5 miles for every AED 10 spent on a balance transfer through another bank card.
Emirates NBD customer care: (+971) 600 54 0000
Emirates Islamic Skywards Infinite Card
Emirates Islamic Skywards Infinite Card is another good option if you are looking around for credit cards to earn air miles. The card offers incredible benefits including an attractive miles-earning potential.
- To enjoy the exclusive benefits, you must
- Earn a minimum salary of AED 25,000 per month
- Pay an annual fee of AED 2,000
Eligible cardholders can enjoy the following benefits:
- Get a complimentary bonus of 20,000 Skywards miles for signing up
- Earn up to 32,000 Air Miles a month for making maximum purchases using the card
- Redeem your air miles to get free and discounted flight tickets
- Enjoy complimentary access for two at more than 500 airport lounges across the globe
- Get discounts of up to 30% at restaurants and eateries across the UAE
- Get exclusive discounts on retail outlets in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and other emirates
Mashreq Solitaire Visa Card
Mashreq Solitaire Visa card is another good option you may consider if you prefer to earn miles for purchases made through your credit card. There is a plethora of benefits that you can enjoy along with generous air miles credited into your account to avail of cheap flight tickets and discounted dining options
To be eligible to apply for the card, you must:
- Have a minimum monthly salary of AED 25,000
- You must pay an annual fee of AED 1,500
As an eligible cardholder, you will be entitled to the following perks and benefits:
- Cashback of up to AED 2,500 given that a minimum of AED 100 is spent at least three times during the first two months after signing up
- 20% cashback when spending money on Zomato, Noon, Netflix, Talabat, Amazon, Etisalat, DubaiNow, and Uber
- Access to premium golf clubs
- VIP lounge access at airports
- Free pick-and-drop service at select airports
- Up to 30% discounts at select restaurants across UAE
- Customized loyalty solutions with Salaam points
Here is an interesting read on some of the best cashback credit cards in UAE to save money on school fees, groceries, shopping, and utility bills.
ADIB Etihad Guest Classic Card
Last but not the least, ADIB Etihad Guest Classic Card can be a suitable choice for people looking around for credit cards to earn miles for their purchases. Grab an array of benefits along with other exciting benefits if you are a member of Etihad Airways’ Frequent Flyer Program.
As a starter, you need to be earning a minimum of AED 5,000 per month to enjoy the benefits.
An annual fee of AED 500 has to be paid to continue using the facilities offered by the card.
- Earn 10,000 bonus miles after signing up
- Enjoy an additional 5,000 miles as a bonus if you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Use your card for most of your purchases and earn hundreds and thousands of miles per month.
- Get special travel fares, up to 4 supplementary cards, and complimentary roadside assistance
This is not an exhaustive list but rather some of our favorite picks from a wide selection of air miles credit cards available for the public in UAE. Other best credit cards in UAE that you may consider signing up to earn air miles include Emirates NBD Skywards Infinite Credit Card, Najm Voyager Platinum Credit Card, and Najm Voyager Signature Credit Card.
Also keep in mind that while air miles credit cards can be a good option to save money on air tickets, we do not in any way encourage making purchases on credit. One should always be conscious of their expenditure and pay bills on time to avoid getting stuck in debt.