If you have been an avid user of the web, you must be well familiar with Coursera and how the platform helps people learn and upgrade their skills and knowledge online. But do you know you can generate some extra income from Coursera right from the comfort of your home?
While universities and colleges sell courses on the website to earn handsome amounts of money, you as an individual can also earn commissions by referring the website to your audience if you run a blog or website. Intrigued much to find out how? Let’s dig into the topic further to unveil exciting details.
What is Coursera? How Can I Make Money from It?
Coursera is a global online platform that partners with renowned international colleges, universities, and organizations to offer virtual courses on a broad range of topics. Students can register online and learn from anywhere in the world at their own pace.
The website also offers free degrees, courses, and diplomas to help enthusiastic learners brush up on their skills without having to spend any money.
Employees of universities and organizations who collaborate with Coursera can design and sell courses on the website to earn a decent income. Anytime someone buys a course, the creator gets a fair share of the revenue.
However, you as an individual cannot design and upload courses on Coursera to make money. You have to be registered as a teacher, instructor, or employee of a University or institution to sell courses online on the website to make money.
If you aren’t associated with an organization that affiliates with Coursera, you can still generate a steady income stream by participating in their lucrative Affiliate Program
Earn money with Coursera’s Affiliate Program
If you have a website, blog, or social media channel in the education niche and you believe that promoting educational websites, learning resources, and online courses to your audience can be a suitable option, then you may consider signing up for the Coursera Affiliate Program.
A huge number of affiliates and digital marketers have been making scores of money by working as Coursera’s affiliates and you shouldn’t miss out on this lucrative opportunity if you have a decent following on your blog that you can monetize for financial gains.
Majority of the people now a day, prefer to learn online and upgrade their knowledge and skillset for better employment opportunities. Affiliate marketing in the education niche may help you reap higher revenues to grow your savings and elevate your financial standing.
Let’s find out what Coursera’s affiliate program is all about, how you can make money through it, and how much you can expect to earn.
Coursera’s Affiliate Program
Coursera runs quite a lucrative affiliate program where as an affiliate you can earn up to 45% commission of the total revenue by recommending around 4000 plus courses and products to the audience on your blog.
How does it work?
Coursera’s Affiliate Program is open for everyone who has an interest in digital advertising with at least 1000 unique visitors to their blog or website per month. Anyone can sign up for the affiliate program for free. The signup process is simple, quick, and seamless.
- Log on to Coursera’s Official Affiliate webpage. Join for free by completing some simple steps.
- After signing up, you can market the content and resources available on the website through text links, custom banners, or your own unique link format.
- Use high-quality and professional Coursera banners on your blog or website. Get regular affiliate newsletters for the latest updates and news on the program.
- As an affiliate, you will also get exclusive access to Coursera’s product merchandiser field which is updated regularly.
- You can track the traffic that you direct to the platform with the help of easy-to-integrate Impact tracking links.
- Every time a user signs up for a course using your referral link, you will have the chance to earn up to 45% of the total revenue as commissions.
Products Eligible for Commissions on Coursera
At the moment, you can choose to promote courses, specialization degrees, professional certificates, and paid subscriptions.
As a Coursera Affiliate, you can also earn commissions by referring existing customers to eligible resources available on the platform.
Each time a user makes a purchase, you earn a profit. There is no cap on the number of courses a referred user can sign up for. As long as they are making purchases on Coursera, you will get paid.
With a plethora of course options and specialization degrees available on the website, you can possibly find suitable resources for marketing that align with your niche.
Coursera Commission Rate
- The baseline commission varies from 15% to 45% of purchases a user makes on your recommendation within a month of clicking on the custom URL link provided to you.
- A 30-day cookie period is an attractive feature for the affiliates who put in their maximum effort to persuade a customer to make a purchase.
- Get the commissions deposited straight into your bank account or you can receive payments into your PayPal account too.
- Coursera does not endorse recurring commissions and you will only be paid once after a customer makes a purchase for an eligible resource on the website.
Summing it up:
Coursera’s affiliate program can be a lucrative opportunity to grow your income as a side hustle. The attractive features and a high payout structure has made the scheme quite popular amount digital marketers.
If you have got a hand in online marketing and run a blog related to the education niche with a decent number of followers, you may try your luck and sign up for the program to advertise eligible products available on their website.
Affiliate marketing is legal in UAE and anyone can be a part of the program if they are working as a registered influencer in the country. Make sure you comply with the state rules when participating in an online affiliate marketing program to avoid legal repercussions.
You may also like to read: Top 10 Ways to Make Money on Instagram in 2023