Did you know you can use your RTA Nol card to get exclusive discounts on restaurants in Dubai? If not then it’s the right time to explore the additional benefits and perks your RTA Nol card can bring your way.
In this article, we will explore how Dubai residents can make the most of their Nol cards to unlock special offers and enjoy delectable cuisines without breaking the bank. Intrigued much? Let’s learn how.
You might also like to read: 8 Best Membership Programs You Need To Sign Up For in UAE
Exclusive Discounts in Restaurants with RTA Nol Card
All budget-savvy diners in Dubai can now save some Dirhams while eating out at their favorite eateries in the city. RTA Nol card can be your ticket to fantastic discounts at restaurants, bars, and cafes.
What is an RTA Nol Card?
The NOL Card is Dubai’s smart card for public transportation. It was introduced to streamline and simplify public transport payments, including buses, trams, metros, and even water buses. However, in recent years, the Nol card has evolved beyond just a transportation tool. It has transitioned from being solely a transportation card to a versatile payment tool.
Residents can now use their RTA Nol cards to make payments at various establishments and earn points which can later be redeemed for discounts on restaurants and retail outlets.
RTA Nol Plus Loyalty Programme
The Nol Plus, the latest loyalty program launched by RTA (Roads and Transport Authority) allows members to earn points, vouchers, and discounts every time they swipe their NOL card on Dubai Metro, taxis, buses, parking meters, and partner retail outlets. The loyalty points earned can be redeemed to recharge the Nol card balance or get discounts at retail outlets including hypermarkets and restaurants.
Nol Plus card is the region’s first public transportation-based loyalty scheme and was designed keeping in mind the well-being and happiness of the residents of Dubai.
All you need to do is to sign up for the NOL Plus program at RTA’s official website. You will then get your hands on the card that does it all. The loyalty scheme will reward all RTA customers with great value and treats they truly deserve.
How to Sign Up For The Nol Plus Programme?
Here is a step-by-step procedure to sign up for the Nol Plus Programme launched by Dubai RTA. Follow all the steps to successfully register yourself for the loyalty scheme to earn rewards and discounts on restaurants with your Nol Card.
Step 1: Register for an RTA Account or a UAE Pass
- First things first. You need a valid RTA account to register yourself for the Nol Plus program. You must either have an active RTA account or a UAE Pass to be able to sign up for the Nol Plus.
- Sign in using either of the two accounts to register for the loyalty scheme.
- You would then be transferred to the official RTA website where you can access a personal dashboard. Here you may find the widget colored in blue tagged as Nol Plus.
How to Sign Up for an RTA Account?
In case you do not have an RTA Account, here is a step-by-step method to create an account.
- Log on to ae and click on the login button.
- Now register an account on the official RTA website. You will be required to provide a username and enter credentials including full name, a valid email ID, an active mobile number, and nationality.
- You can then select your preferred language and click on “Proceed button”.
- The website will send a one-time password to the email ID you provided.
- Enter the OTP and click on the “Submit and Create Password” tab.
- Set a password for your RTA account and click on the “Finish” tab to complete the registration process.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address.
- After signing up for the account, you will then be transferred to Nol Plus’s official portal.
Step 2: Link your RTA Nol Card with the Nol Plus Loyalty Programme
- Upon clicking the “Nol Plus” icon, you will be transferred to the Nol Plus’ official portal.
- Here you will be able to see a “+” icon on the virtual Nol Card displayed on the screen.
- Click on the “+” icon and enter your Nol ID number which is a 10-digit code embossed on the back of your Nol Card.
- After providing the ID, click on the “Add Card”
- You will now be prompted with a few questions asking what type of promotions and discounts you would like to receive. This is an optional step and can be skipped.
- Now crosscheck the details you provided and click on the “Confirm”
After completing all the above steps, your regular Nol Card will be linked with the Nol Plus Programme. Now each time you swipe your card at partner establishments, you will earn points redeemable for attractive discounts across multiple platforms.
A Quick Guide on Nol Plus Point System To Maximize Benefits
The type of Nol Card you have registered for determines the number of points you will earn. According to the Nol Plus’s official portal, Nol Card holders with a personalized Nol Card will earn 1 point for every 1 AED spent. Holders of an Anonymous or standard Nol Card will earn 1 point for every 2 AED spent on partner establishments.
What is a Personal Nol Card?
A personal Nol Card is a blue smart card linked with a resident’s Emirates ID. This blue Nol card is linked with the user’s registered email ID and mobile number. This personalized card offers special discounts on fares to students, senior citizens, expats, and people of determination.
If you wish to get a blue personalized Nol Card, you can upgrade from an anonymous silver or anonymous gold card to a blue card online for a price of 30 AED.
How to upgrade an anonymous silver or anonymous gold Nol card to a Personalized Blue Nol card?
If you have a silver Nol card or gold Nol card, and it’s not linked to your registered mobile number or Emirates ID, you can easily upgrade your anonymous card to a personalized one by logging on to the RTA website.
Here is a step-by-step process to help you upgrade:
- Visit the RTA website.
- Browse through the categories and click on
- Find the ‘Apply Now” icon and hit the click button.
- Now select the “Personalizing existing silver or gold card” option.
- Enter the Nol ID
- Now provide your essential details including nationality, full name, mobile number, and email ID.
- Scan and upload a copy of your valid Emirates ID from both sides. The file should be in JPEG and must not be more than 2MB in size.
- Now verify the details and pay the registration fee of 30 AED. Payment has to be made online using a valid debit or credit card.
- You will receive a reference number on the mobile number you provided.
- You will be notified via SMS when your anonymous card is upgraded to a personalized blue Nol card.
- After the confirmation message, you may visit the nearest Dubai Metro Station and activate your card by tapping it on the check-in and check-out gates.
How to Check and Calculate Points on the Nol Plus Card?
To check the earned points, you can visit the Nol Plus’ official portal and click on “My Account”. This section has all the details of the points earned or spent.
In the My Account section, you will be able to access a personal dashboard that displays your Nol Plus member ID and the total number of points earned through the card.
According to the Nol Plus’ official website, the points earned will be visible on the portal after 9 working days from the usage date.
How to Use the Nol Plus Points?
You can use the points earned in multiple ways. Here’s exactly how:
- Add the earned points to top up your Nol Card balance.
- Transfer your points to a family or friend’s registered Nol Plus card.
- Redeem the earned points to get discount vouchers.
How to Use the Loyalty Points To Top Up Your RTA Nol Card Balance?
Here is how you can use your Nol Plus loyalty points to recharge your Nol card balance.
- Log on to the Nol Plus website and click on the “MY ACCOUNT” tab.
- Now select “MANAGE YOUR NOL PLUS POINTS”.
- Click on the “REDEEM POINTS AS NOL BALANCE” icon.
- Select your Nol ID and enter the number of points or the amount of dirhams that you want to use to top up your card.
- Click on the “I AM NOT A ROBOT” captcha to proceed.
- Click on the “REDEEM” to transfer your points to your Nol card as balance.
- You now have to activate this balance by using your Nol card at any Metro gate, parking meter, or top-up machines at Dubai bus stations. This should be done at least 45 minutes after transferring points to your card as balance.
How to avail of discounts and get vouchers with Nol Plus points?
In your account’s dashboard, there is a “manage your points” tab. You can use this handle to access the available vouchers. Here you can see the list of restaurants, cafes, retail outlets, and attractions that offer exclusive discounts to Nol Plus members.
Each offer has terms and conditions which should be read carefully before redeeming a discount. Some establishments only provide discounts upon presenting a valid Nol Plus ID and some others require that you spend a minimum amount on their facility to claim an offer.
RTA Nol Plus Card Participating Restaurants and Retail Outlets
Here is a list of establishments including restaurants and retail outlets which have partnered with RTA to provide exclusive discounts and special offers to Nol Plus Card holders. You may pay your bill using your Nol Card at all participating outlets and redeem discounts and vouchers to save money on your purchases.
Restaurants Accepting Nol Card Payments:
- Paavo’s Pizza
- London Dairy
- Burger King
- Gloria Jeans’s Coffees
- Mister Baker LLC
- 800 Degrees Pizza
Attractions Accepting RTA Nol Card in Dubai
There are currently two attractions accepting RTA Nol Card payments in Dubai. You can use the card to get special waive-offs on your tickets and make payments easily by swiping the card on the machine.
- Etihad Museum
- IMG World of Adventure
Pharmacies Accepting RTA Nol Card Payments
The following pharmacies in Dubai accept payments using RTA Nol card:
Supermarkets Accepting RTA Nol Card Payments
Following is the list of supermarkets who have joined hands with RTA to provide discounts and vouchers to the customers. You can use your Nol card to make payments at these stores and enjoy discounts on your total bill.
- Lulu Hypermarket
- All Day Convenience Store
- Al Maya Supermarkets
- K circle
Services that you can pay for with your RTA Nol Card
Below are miscellaneous services that you can pay for with your Nol card:
- TASJEEL Government services
- 050 Telecom
- ENOC Petrol Stations
- Medcare clinics
- Autopro Car Services
Discounts on Top Attractions in Dubai with Emaar Nol Card
Emaar has joined hands with RTA to provide customers with exclusive discounts at top attractions in Dubai. A special Emaar Nol Card has been released which costs 55 AED per person. The card can be purchased from Nol stations or Emaar counters. The card will offer up to 40% off on popular attractions in Dubai including:
- Burj Khalifa
- Dubai Mall
- Dubai Aquarium
- Dubai Opera
- Ekart Zabeel
- VR Park
Dubai RTA’s Nol Card has transcended its original purpose, evolving into a multifunctional smart card that enhances the lives of residents in multiple ways. You can use your card to avail exclusive discounts at restaurants and make dining more affordable with special offers on meals and drinks.
By taking advantage of the discounts available with a Nol Plus card at participating restaurants, you can savor the Emirate’s diverse culinary offerings while enjoying significant savings. So, don’t miss out on this opportunity to dine out in style while keeping your wallet happy. Bon Appetit!