You can now order a bus from your smartphone to pick you up from anywhere in Dubai. Sounds too good to be true, but this is actually happening. With the Dubai Bus on Demand Service launched by RTA Dubai, you can now book cheap bus rides from the comfort of your home.
Dubai has a modernized and highly advanced transportation system. The city always comes up with innovative and user-friendly transportation options to facilitate the residents. The new Bus on Demand service is another feather in its hat. This is another smart attempt to help citizens and residents travel within the city on a budget.
Let’s find out more about the service including eligibility criteria, reservation process, fees, process time, and travel zones.
What is Dubai Bus on Demand Service?
Dubai Bus on Demand Service is launched by the Roads and Transportation Authority (RTA) to let residents travel in a smart, well-organized, and affordable way. The service is available to use within the Emirate of Dubai and covers all major travel zones to facilitate the maximum number of residents.
You can book the RTA bus service as an individual or as a group and travel cheap within the same zone from where the ride was booked.
- Residents of Dubai and Tourists both are eligible to use the service.
- A valid Emirates ID Card or an NOL Card.
- AED 5 per passenger for one trip
- AED 4 for every additional passenger booked for the same trip as a group
- Arrives within minutes (duration may vary depending on passenger’s location)
How to Book a Ride through RTA Bus on Demand Service?
- You can book a bus ride for AED 5 by downloading the Dubai Bus on Demand mobile app on your Android or IOS device.
- Once the app is downloaded, sign in and register your account.
- Activate the application after providing all required information.
- Add a payment method and card details.
- The app will specify the exact location of the bus, seat availability, and process time of your order.
- You can check the expected arrival time and total duration of the journey when booking the ride.
- All passengers can travel for as low as AED 5 per trip within the same travel zone.
- Rides are booked through the smart app and payments can be made with credit/debit cards or with valid NOL cards.
- POS machines are installed inside all the buses for swift and easy payments.
- Payments shall be made when a passenger boards the bus upon arrival.
Terms and Conditions
- All passengers must adhere to the terms and conditions when using the Dubai Bus on Demand service through the smart application.
- All service areas within each travel zone are mentioned in the application
- A passenger can only travel within a zone from where they initially booked the ride. You cannot travel from one zone to the other.
- Passengers who want to book multiple trips, from one service area to another, shall make separate bookings for each trip.
- Each trip will cost AED 5 per passenger.
- For further information and details on the RTA Bus on Demand Service, you may visit this website or contact customer support for queries.
You may download the Dubai Bus on Demand app from here:
Click here to find out how to travel for cheap from Dubai to other Emirates